Methodology: Project Confidentiality
We understand the importance of IP and secrecy of our clients' confidential information. We see this as the critical element for maintaining a long-term relationship with our clients. We are committed to protecting customer IP throughout the project cycle.
Key areas of our IP protection policy & project confidentiality include:
Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA’s) with Client
To ensure the security and confidentiality of information, a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) is executed with each client and all private information is respected. Our NDA clearly explains:
- What will be collected from client?
- Why will it be collected?
- How will we use it? Steps we will take to protect it.
- With whom it may be disclosed / shared – for legal and security issues etc.
- Rights for access to information
- Levels of Risk (data loss, unauthorized alteration, etc.)
Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) with Employees
- At the time of joining, all employees are required to sign a proprietary information and inventions agreement. Individual NDAs are also signed with every employee on joining
- Employees cannot disclose any proprietary information directly or indirectly to anyone outside the project team or company, or use, copy, publish, summarize or remove such information from the company premises
- Employees cannot use any unfair competitive practices upon termination of employment or engage in any business during employment
- Any confidential information received from third parties and clients are held in strictest confidence and employees are not allowed to disclose or use it, except as necessary to perform his/her obligations as is consistent with third parties
- Any "invention ideas" and relevant records has to be disclosed to the company and all information and records pertaining to any idea, process, trademark, service mark, invention, technology, computer program, original work of authorship, design, formula, discovery, patent, or copyright conceived or developed has to be promptly disclosed to the company
Project-related IP protection
- Dedicated resources made available for all projects. This prevents unauthorized usage of resources and protects all proprietary information of our clients
- We have a strong ethical framework that forbids exchange of IP between projects
- Every team dedicated to a particular client can have its own secure physical location and its own segment of the LAN.
Confidential Document Control
- Access to public email systems is disallowed and floppy and CD disk drives/writers are disabled on all desktops. Prior written permission of the Project Manager is required for usage of respective drives
- Random checks are made on emails that go out of official mailbox that exceeds permitted size (with or without attachments)
Other Security Measures
- The India Development Center is fully protected externally and internally with secure and restricted access to all sensitive resources. Every employee is provided with an Identification card.
- Security staff monitors the facility around the clock and checks the goods going inside and coming out of the development center.
- Our strict staff selection and personnel policies allow us to build stable and highly professional working teams for both offshore and on-site software development projects and ensure non-disclosure.
- We perform background checks on each individual we hire. This includes reference check, peer-references, verification of academic records, police record verification, home/permanent address verification on each employee of the company. Since bank accounts are opened through our company that provides us with an extra layer of cross verification.